Powerizer Tips for New Moms
Having a baby is a very exciting time but can also be very overwhelming. With so many options for natural cleaning products, it can be hard to pick what’s safe for your newborn baby. Powerizer is a gentle and safe laundry detergent for baby clothes. Our products are made from plant-based and mineral-based ingredients. Powerizer is a baby-friendly all in one cleaner that can be used to clean anything in your home that comes in contact with your baby. It's also safe for children of all ages. It can be used to clean toys, surfaces, carpets, laundry, and so much more.
Here are some ideas of how you can use Powerizer, but the possibilities are endless once you start using Powerizer!
Cleaning and disinfecting can seem like an endless task with babies home from the hospital, but the key to keeping the house clean is having a non-toxic cleaning kit on hand. All you need in your cleaning caddy is Powerizer, and a few different cleaning tools like a scrub brush, a spray bottle, and a couple of microfiber cleaning cloths to clean everything dirty. Powerizer is natural, toxic-free, with no dyes, no fillers or harsh chemicals that will give you peace of mind that carcinogens, irritants or other harsh chemicals won't harm your little ones. Since Powerizer is a multipurpose cleaner it will keep you motivated to clean immediately because you aren’t overwhelmed with a plethora of cleaning products. This cleaning kit can be used to spot clean clothes, carpets, surfaces, furniture, etc.
Deep Clean Hard Surfaces
Start by removing any large particles and blot the area with a towel to remove as much of the liquid as you can. Create a Pre-treat Solution, mix 1/2 a scoop of Powerizer with 16 oz. of warm water in a squirt bottle, shake and squirt liberally on the area. Blot area with a microfiber cloth and wipe with a clean wet cloth.
Sometimes no matter how much you clean up, the smells of a diaper or other factors can keep your house smelling foul. Often, we get nose blinded to these smells, so it is always best to wipe down all the surfaces in your home. Research has shown that scented cleaning products and perfume scents can be harmful to children, especially babies. Powerizer neutralizes odors leaving only a clean fresh smell.
How to Clean a Diaper Pail
|What you need||Directions|
|2 cups of hot water||Pour hot water into diaper pail.|
|1/2 scoop of Powerizer or 1 Powerizer Complete Pod||Toss Powerizer into the diaper pail.|
|1 Microfiber Cloth||Swish around for 45-60 seconds.|
|Smell Test - If it still has an odor switch around for another 30-45 seconds.|
|Wipe down the outside of the pail with solution.|
|Rinse with plain water.|
Repeat once a week or once the stench is unruly
Clean Baby Bottles
Cleaning baby bottles is extremely important. Many of us don't think a baby can get food poisoning from a baby bottle but improper cleaning can lead to many health issues.
Not all baby items are dishwasher safe. There are so many different choices of baby bottles; plastic, glass, or disposable bottle bags. There are also several different types of nipples and bottle sizes. You should always discard chipped or cracked bottles and nipples that are torn or too soft. Its best to hand wash nipples regularly and only wash nipples in a closed basket or a mesh bag on the top rack, where the heat is less intrusive.
All-in-One Detergent for Hand Washing and Dishwashing Baby Bottles
- Disassemble the bottles, removing each component, fill up a basin, container or a large pot.
- Pour hot water and 1/2 scoop of Powerizer in. Let them sit in the water submerging them so that the solution is inside the bottles.
- Let them sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Soaking them in the hottest water possible then once the water is cooled down you can start washing them.
- With at least 1/2 - 3/4 of water in the bottle rotate the bottle brush until the bottle is clean.
- Pull the brush at least halfway out of the bottle to ensure you get the inside rim as well.
- Then either uses the bottle brush, nipple brush or a clean cloth to wipe the outside rim.
- Wash all the caps and utensils.
- Save the nipples for last so they can soak the longest. Take one nipple at a time and keep some water in the nipple and use the nipple brush to wash the nipples. Always squeeze the hole to make sure that the hole does not have any milk residue.
- Thoroughly rinse each bottle separately making sure no soap or caked on formula is still present.
- Make sure the bottles are dishwasher-safe.
- Disassemble the bottles, removing each component.
- Rinse all parts before placing into the dishwasher.
- Small items should be kept in a basket, preferably with a closed top.
- Use either 1/2 - 3/4 scoop of Powerizer depending on load size.
- The hot cycle and heated drying cycle are preferred unless you have a sanitizing setting.
Clean Toys Safely
Babies tend to explore the world with their mouths, so it is extremely important to keep their toys sanitized. To clean plastic toys that can be submerged in water simply mix half a scoop of Powerizer into the sink, tub or bucket and let powder detergent dissolve. Then with a damp cloth wipe off the toys and rinse them with plain water.
Machine Washing Plush Toys:
- Pre-treat any stubborn stains beforehand if necessary. Make a Powerizer pretreat solution.
- Throw them in the washer with a half scoop or one (1) Powerizer Complete Pod. Since Powerizer is a color-safe, non-toxic, eco-friendly detergent it is safe if babies try to put their toys in their mouth.
- Chose the gentle cycle and temperature based on the dye color of the toy. If your unsure cold or warm water should be your first choice. For disinfecting consider warm to hot water.
- Enclosing toy's in a mesh bag is optional to protect the various parts that could get caught in the machine. If that is the only item you are washing you may consider add a few more toys or towels to balance the wash machine.
- Reshape and Machine or air-drying to fluff a furry companion. During the wash cycle they may become disproportion. Adjust the stuffing to balance the toy. Than give it some time to thoroughly dry before allowing your child to snuggle with it. Air-drying is best option if you are unsure that it can be machine dried. Machine drying is faster but the key is you a low heat setting to ensure the fabric won't melt.
Washing Newborn Clothes and Cloth Diapers with a Gentle Baby Detergent
How is it possible for such tiny things to make such big messes? It seems that babies can go through a dozen outfits every day and more than half of those are stained in one area or another. Powerizer’s unique stain remover formula neutralizes and suspends the stains. The residue is rinsed away which can irritate baby's sensitive skin.
Powerizer cloth diaper cleaning routines are simple if soiled always pre-rinse and pre-treat removing the poop and stains from the diaper.
- Rinse: To ensure you diapers get clean every time remove any solids in the toilet bowl and rinse diapers thoroughly in cold water.
- Pre-Treat Cloth Diapers: Make a pre-treat solution with Powerizer and pre-treat diapers and clothes each day to eliminate stubborn stains. Always avoid chlorine bleach since it breaks down fibers that can result in a shorter lifespan on your diapers and clothes. Never use a fabric softener, since they can coat the fabrics with oils and wax. Powerizer has a natural ingredient that softens fabrics without leaving a residue or overpowering scent.
- Store Dirty Diapers: Keeping the diapers in a sealed container, pre-treat stains will help reduce stains.
- Wash: Use a warm water or hot water cycle for regular washes. For heavily soiled washes use a hot water cycle instead. An extra rinse is suggested when washing heavily soiled items and to ensure residue build-up is minimized.
With a new baby, it seems like you are always got the washing machine going. Because Powerizer is an All-In-One Detergent, Stain Remover, Odor Eliminator and Multipurpose cleaner it will become your go-to cleaner of choice.
Life with kids can be messy, but it doesn’t have to be. Powerizer is the best laundry detergent for sensitive skin, you can be confident that Powerizer is safe for your everyday home cleaning. Its a complete multipurpose cleaning solution.